Fresh vegan mango and avocado salad
I just adore the fresh flavours of this delicious fresh vegan mango and avocado salad; the fresh lime, chilli and ginger really bring this dish to life. I find it a great pick me up and often eat it for lunch or dinner (sometimes both in one day!). I serve mine with coconut brown rice or basmati wild rice for a more filling meal (I have a big appetite!).
This recipe serves 4 people
- 250ml coconut milk
- 360ml boiling water
- 180g brown rice (or wild rice which looks pretty and is extra special)
- 1 inch peeled and finely chopped ginger
- juice 1 lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 and 1/2 mango, peeled and diced
- 2 avocados, peeled and diced
- 1 sweet red, pepper chopped
- 1 red or green chilli, deseeded and chopped finely (add more chilli if you like a hot chilli kick!)
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 inch peeled and chopped ginger (I keep mine in larger strips for a more zingy ginger hit)
- large handful of coriander, roughly chopped
- Pour the coconut milk and water in a saucepan and add all the rice ingredients and bring to boil. Once boiling, reduce the heat and let simmer for 30-40 minutes or until the rice is cooked. Stir often to ensure the rice doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Whilst the rice is cooking away nicely, you can make the salad; add all the ingredients to a mixing bowl and mix well together adding salt and pepper to taste. Careful not to over mix as you don’t want a mushy salad.
- Once the rice is cooked, place the rice on to the plate and add the fresh mango and avocado salad on top (or to the side as you wish).
I really hope you enjoy eating this as much as I do!
Please feel free to give this recipe a go and provide some feedback on my website.