These vegan banana pancakes are a great hearty breakfast and perfect to eat on a cold morning.
Whenever friends come and stay, they are insistent on having two breakfasts namely, my toasted buckwheat cereal and these banana pancakes – they simply cannot choose between them.
This recipe serves 2 people and makes 4 pancakes (I haven’t met anyone who can eat more than 2 of these pancakes as they’re so filling)
- Soak the chia seeds in the almond milk for 10-15 minutes
- When the chia seeds are ready, place 1 tablespoon of the coconut oil and all the remaining ingredients except, the blueberries, in a blender (I use a Vitamix)
- When blended thoroughly, add the blueberries and mix for a few more seconds so that the blueberries are broken down but still chunky.
- Place a teaspoon of coconut oil in a frying pan and heat
- Add two large dollops of the mixture and shape into pancakes
- Fry the pancakes for two minutes on both sides (you’ll know when they are done on each side as they will move freely in the pan)
- Remove the pancakes and keep warm whilst you continue making more
- Repeats steps 4 to 6
- Place the pancakes on a warm plate and drizzle with maple syrup
- Serve your vegan banana pancakes and eat whilst still warm