I so missed cheese when I decided to transition to vegan that I just had to find alternatives and this vegan cauliflower cheese recipe really hits the spot!
This recipe serves 4
- Pre-heat the oven to 180° fan / 200°
- Cut the cauliflower into bite-sized florets and add to a large saucepan
- Cover the cauliflower with water and bring to a boil and once boiling, boil for 2 minutes
- Drain and place in a single layer on a baking dish
- In another saucepan, heat the oil over a low heat then add the flour and mix into a paste using a whisk
- Next, add the almond milk, nutritional yeast, seasoning and nutmeg
- Whisk to combine then over a low-medium heat, continue to whisk until the sauce begins to thicken slightly (this can take between five to ten minutes)
- Pour your sauce over your cauliflower ensuring all the cauliflower is coated in the sauce.
- Sprinkle the ground almonds over the top
- Place in the oven for 35-40 minutes until golden brown then serve
I like to serve mine with sweet potato polenta oven baked fries and peas.