Sweet Potato Polenta Chips
I love sweet potato so I’m always ready to tuck into these vegan sweet potato polenta fries. The polenta helps crisp the fries up nicely. I also use a mesh oven tray so that the heat can circulate all around which also helps with crispness (I find they often go soggy on a baking tray).
I love to cook these cheeky sweet potato fries if I want a quick snack which is nutritious and filling as well as having amazing taste. Occasionally I will dip them in vegan mayonnaise or chilli sauce if I’m in the mood for some spice.
Everyone I have served these sweet potato fries to has absolutely loved them and always ask me for the recipe. It’s a really versatile little addition to any main course so have fun and let your taste buds go crazy!
One of my friends recently added some peri peri spice mix to his fries instead of polenta and he loved the result.
Please add a comment on how you have served these tasty fries and I promise I will give them a try!
I’d also appreciate hearing how you get on with my recipe and method of cooking these vegan sweet potato polenta fries.
This recipe serves 4 (as a side dish)
- 6 sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 3 tablespoons of fine polenta
- 1 tablespoon chilli flakes (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 190° fan / 210°
- Peel your sweet potatoes and slice them into chip sized wedges
- Place you chips in a bowl with the olive oil and toss the chips around to ensure all the chips are lightly coated. Now sprinkle with chilli flakes if you’re using these.
- Preferably using a mesh baking tray, place your chips on the tray and lightly dust with polenta
- Place the tray in the oven and bake for 25 minutes or until cooked
- Serve with any dish you like (take a look at my main courses for some inspiration)