Turmeric Seeded Crackers
I just love these turmeric seeded crackers and usually eat mine dipped in hummus and/or guacamole. It’s my go to snack these days. These are very much a staple in my lunchbox as the crackers and hummus fit neatly into the compartments of my lunchbox.
- 1 cup chickpea flour (also known as gram flour)
- 1 cup gluten free oat flour (or ground some oats in a food processes if you don’t have flour)
- 2 teaspoons nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon ground Himalayan salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup of filtered water
- 1/4 cup mixed raw seeds (e.g. sunflower, pumpkin, poppy, hemp, etc)
- Preheat your oven to 180° Fan / 200
- In a food processor (I use a Kitchen Aid), combine the chickpea flour, oat flour, national yeast, salt, garlic powder, ground turmeric, cayenne pepper and sunflower oil. At the start, pulse the processor to get everything lightly mixed. Then, mix on high until you have a slightly wet crumbly mixture.
- With the food processor on, slowly pour the filtered water through the feed tube. The cracker dough will start to form a big ball. If the ball isn’t forming add more water little by little through the feed tube.
- Open the lid and add the mixed seeds. Use the dough a few times to get the seeds evenly distributed through the mix.
- Lay a sheet of parchment paper (the size of your baking tray) on a work surface. Place the cracker dough onto the paper and flatten a little with your hand before taking a rolling pin to it to flatten in further (you’re looking for about 3mm). Try to keep a rectangular shape.
- With a knife, score the cracker dough into a grid (you need to score deeply to ensure they come apart with ease after baking). I like to make small crackers to go for about 2.5cm – 3cm square however, you can make whatever size you like.
- Slide the sheet onto the baking tray and place in the oven for about 20 minutes until the sides start to brown a little.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely before eating or storing in a sealed container where they should keep for about 5 days.